A bank with more than $250 billion in total assets says it will soon terminate cash transactions in all of its branches.
The Australia-based Macquarie Bank says it will launch a plan to eliminate all cash, check and phone payment services in January, shifting to a digital operation by the end of the 2024.
“Between January 2024 and November 2024, we’ll be phasing out our cash and cheque services across all Macquarie banking and wealth management products, including pension and super accounts.
We’re also switching off our automated telephone banking service used to make payments over the phone. This means from November 2024 we’ll no longer offer cash or cheque services. Instead, you’ll be able to make payments digitally – a safer, quicker, and more convenient way to bank.”
Macquarie customers who currently deposit and withdraw cash at affiliated National Australia Bank branches will also lose that option by November.
Once the changes are rolled out, anyone who banks with Macquarie and wants to withdraw cash will be relegated to the bank’s ATMs, which allow customers to withdraw a maximum of $2,000 AUD per day.
“Customers can continue to withdraw cash from their transaction account via ATMs across Australia and overseas without fees.
However, cash deposits and branch withdrawals will no longer be available.”
As first reported by The Wall Street Journal, Visa Inc. and Mastercard Inc. plan to increase the fees they charge merchants for processing credit card payments by more than $500 million! So going forward, merchants will eagerly accept cash.
Senior citizens discount
If you enroll in an AARP or Association of Mature American Citizens membership on your 50th birthday, you’ll have a head start cashing in on senior discounts. For all other discounts, the minimum age requirements vary based on the company or location and can range from 50 to 65 years of age.
Instant deposit and cash sweep @ Robinhood offers a 4.9% APY. You are not locking up your funds like in a CD.
MINT offers monthly income and a yield of 3.9%. Just be sure to buy it every month AFTER its ex-dividend date (typically the first of the month).
Simply download this ttf file and move it to your fonts folder in Windows. The font has holes throughout.
Ticker symbol MINT
Here was our quote for a 2013 Prius Personna
The Internet is full of free learning tools - from online videos, to wikibooks, to PDF documents.
Kitchen cabinets don't need expensive brass handles. In fact, they don't need handles at all!
With all pros and cons of wood vs composite considered, I recommend composite decking to best set your deck up for long-term enjoyment. A durable, low-maintenance Trex deck is a sound long-term investment that won’t commit you to the unwieldy regular upkeep demands of wood.
If a driver owns a Nissan Versa, Hyundai Elantra, or Kia Forte, it's set to cost them about $9.78 in gas for every 100 miles.
But switch to a Nissan Leaf or Chevrolet Bolt, and that increases to about $12.55 in home-charging expenses. Head to a commercial charger, and a driver is looking at nearly $16 — 64% more than if you stuck with a gas-powered car in the same segment.
1. Free hotel breakfasts are commonly available in limited service hotels:
- Hotels like Hampton Inn, Best Western, and Holiday Inn Express offer free breakfast to guests
- There is usually no verification of guest status before accessing breakfast
2. Some hotels do try to verify eligibility for free breakfast:
- Hyatt Places has attempted to verify eligibility for free breakfast
- However, enforcement is often lax, especially for loyalty program members
3. Few people take advantage of free hotel breakfasts:
- It is surprising that more people do not show up for free breakfast
- There are TikTok videos demonstrating how easy it is to get free hotel breakfast without staying at the hotel
At around age 78 and 8 months, you reach the break-even point, when your cumulative benefits from claiming at 67 surpass those you'd get by taking retirement at 62.
You will have more vim and vigor at 62 than 67.
You will have more leisure time to spend traveling, golfing, and spoiling the grand-kids.
Collect you dividend
Sell covered calls above your cost basis
Sell cash secured puts below your cost basis
Buy produce and non-perishable items that are in season:
Focus on watermelon and berries in summer and citrus in winter
Canned soup, baking supplies, cold medicines, canned fruits and vegetables, baking supplies, and oatmeal are all cheapest in winter
Use what you buy and don't buy more than you need:
Freeze or re-purpose leftovers
Avoid overbuying and throwing away food
Check for expiration dates and consider the shelf life of products
Take advantage of store loyalty programs:
Get a loyalty card to access sale prices
Earn bonuses and discounts by using your card
Clip digital coupons and automatically apply them at checkout
Learn the sale cycles of your favorite products:
Pay attention to when your favorite products go on sale
Calculate the price per unit and stock up when prices are low
Ask about markdowns and find the store clearance rack:
Inquire about unsold product markdowns with department managers
Look for discontinued products in sale bins for additional savings
Try store brands. You will find many are just as good as national brands. Walmart's Great Value canned veggies work for us!
TextNow lets you choose a phone number, send and receive text messages and place and receive phone calls absolutely free.
However, you’ll have to pay $0.99 for a SIM card if you want to call and text away from Wi-Fi.
There’s a paid upgrade option for $9.99 per month that allows you to get rid of advertisements.
There are four data options to choose from ranging from $8.99 per month for 1GB of mobile data to $27.99 per month for 5GB of data.
1. Medicare Advantage vs Traditional Medicare:
- Medicare Advantage plans are aggressively marketed to those turning 65, but traditional Medicare is often overlooked.
- Traditional Medicare has parts A, B, and D, and supplements, while Medicare Advantage rolls everything into one plan.
2. The Drawbacks of Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Switching from an Advantage plan to traditional Medicare can be difficult, and buying a supplement may require a medical evaluation.
- Advantage plans limit your choice of doctors and facilities, which could be detrimental in the case of a serious illness.
3. The Benefits of Traditional Medicare:
- Traditional Medicare may be more difficult to understand and have higher premiums, but it offers more options for seeking out the best care.
- With traditional Medicare, you are in control of your healthcare, while with Advantage plans, the insurer limits your care and options.
Medical Savings Accounts
An HSA is a tax-advantaged savings account that you can use to pay for qualifying healthcare expenses. HSAs can help you cover out-of-pocket costs if your health insurance policy includes a high deductible. You can also invest the money you contribute to your HSA.
Traveling abroad can save lots of money. In some countries, your hospital is like a 5-star resort!
You may have to quit a full time job and go part-time to qualify. Apply thru your states web site.
Use Direct Primary Care Clinics
Use a Bluebird® American Express® Prepaid Debit Account
Doctors are now asking for a credit card to cover what insurance does not. So put a small amount on this card and hand it to your doctor.